HDD with Line in (Read 9487 times)
Admin
YaBB Administrator

Radio & Telly Admin

London, UK
HDD with Line in
May 30th, 2007 at 12:06am

Hi all,

We've had a question from a site visitor: "Are there any DVD to DVD disc recorders or DVD/Hard disc type recorders available that will record programmes from Sky? I have a Sony Bravia TV with built-in Freeview tuner and a Sky set-top box but cannot receive Freeview in my area."

I'd like to add this to the PVR FAQ, as we often get "what HDD units support Line In?"

Anyone got any suggestions for this site visitor, or know of any non-Sky+ models that work with Sky?

IP Logged

gomezz
Guru

Visitor to www.radioandtelly.co
.uk

Buckingham
Re: HDD with Line in
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2007 at 9:38am

I assumed all HDD/DVD recorders could both do (non-protected) DVD to DVD copies and record from an external source such as Sky.  Or am I missing something?   Huh

Topfield 5800; Digitalstream DHR8205U; Humax DTR-T1000; Humax Foxsat HDR; Pioneer 420H HDD/DVDR
Pioneer BDP-320; Acer Revo R3610; Thor HDC75; Denon AV-F100;  Samsung LE55B651T; Oxford TX

IP Logged

slowleftarm
Guru

Watch this space

Re: HDD with Line in
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2007 at 1:35pm

I think the question is probably more about controlling the 2 machines with 1 operation, so you don't have to set the 2 machines separately. There are 'compatible' machines out there but as I have sky+ and a PVR I've never looked for one - someone else may help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print