Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Humax PVR9200T recording problem (Read 1872 times)
dunno

Have you listened to FrequencyCast
yet?

Humax PVR9200T recording problem
Feb 17th, 2009 at 8:34pm

I have a problem with my Humax PVR9200T.
The Hardware version is REV 1.0.  The Software version is PGXTF 1.00.21.  Loader a.4.09.   System ID 3020.0000.  Update date 24 Dec 2007.

When I record a programme the PVR overwrites a previously recorded programme and places the new recording in the space of the one it replaces.

On Sunday night, 15th Feb., I set the PVR to record the film Runaway Jury from from the EPG schedule, BBC1, with a two minute lead-in and ten minute overrun.   Recording A
On Monday night I set the PVR to record Wine from the EPG schedule, BBC4 with the same lead in and and overrun.   Recording B

Please see the attachment showing a tv screen image of the list of recordings.

In the recorded items listing, the date, start time and title of the recording are those of Recording A, however the content and the time space of the recording are those of Recording B. and they appear twice.

I have reset the PVR to the default settings, I have manually reset the the channel list, and I have adjusted the screen size to 16:9.

Following these adjustments I have attempted to make a further recording, viz. Blue Peter from the EPG with no lead in or overrun.    The result is that the listing still shows Recording a Runaway Jury but the content is Blue Peter which has now replaced the wine programme.

At each stage the actual recording time allocation appears to be the original recording time for Recording A but when I have attempted to fast forward I reach a stall point after which the message Channel scrambled or otherwise unavailable is shown.

This problem has only appeared recently - Is it familiar to anybody else?

IP Logged

gomezz
Guru

Visitor to www.radioandtelly.co
.uk

Buckingham
Re: Humax PVR9200T recording problem
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 9:33pm

It is familiar to lots of people.  You have a corrupt file system and the only way out is to reformat the hard disk.

Topfield 5800; Digitalstream DHR8205U; Humax DTR-T1000; Humax Foxsat HDR; Pioneer 420H HDD/DVDR
Pioneer BDP-320; Acer Revo R3610; Thor HDC75; Denon AV-F100; Samsung LE55B651T; Oxford TX

IP Logged

dunno

Have you listened to FrequencyCast
yet?

Re: Humax PVR9200T recording problem
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 5:33pm

Thank You Gomezz, that seems to have solved the problem.    It is a sad fact of life that sales and after-sales store staff seem to be innocently unaware of the incidence of problems such as this and Humax support must be off for half-term.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print