Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BBC I-Player (wrong region) (Read 1586 times)
Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
BBC I-Player (wrong region)
Dec 5th, 2012 at 12:19pm

Can any one shed any light on this problem I wanted to view this weeks Inside Out programme I live in the midlands area but when I went to view this programme it was for the London area. Why would this be? A error on the beeb's part?
or some other technical error? Has any one noticed this on their PC/Games Console recently?

IP Logged

ianmoticon
Guru

Fresh, Exciting AND Invigorating!

Re: BBC I-Player (wrong region)
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 7:02pm

If you watch it live then the HD channel will often broadcast London region. SD will be your region. iPlayer only saves the London region I think. Can someone confirm that? Regards.

Equipment list: Dr Who's telly box, Freeview HD box with a big glowing button, TV with a screen, Blu-ray which says "See You" going into standby, glasses which make D go 3, sound all around, stuff

IP Logged

gomezz
Guru

Visitor to www.radioandtelly.co
.uk

Buckingham
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 7:47pm

Topfield 5800; Digitalstream DHR8205U; Humax DTR-T1000; Humax Foxsat HDR; Pioneer 420H HDD/DVDR
Pioneer BDP-320; Acer Revo R3610; Thor HDC75; Denon AV-F100; Samsung LE55B651T; Oxford TX

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 10:07pm

ianmoticon wrote on Dec 5th, 2012 at 7:02pm:
If you watch it live then the HD channel will often broadcast London region. SD will be your region. iPlayer only saves the London region I think. Can someone confirm that? Regards.
This problem was on my Wii which isn't HD so it should
only be the programmes in my neck of the woods! BBC as usual couldn't help and told me to email the BBC I-Player I said can you put me through to them No they don't take phone calls

Huh

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 10:13pm

gomezz wrote on Dec 5th, 2012 at 7:47pm:
Thanks gomezz I am hoping this link will work on my Wii which uses a scaled down version of the BBC I-Player What I think has happend
is they put the wrong region of inside out and the same with the news bulletin which wasn't meant for the midlands area but they said no to this as well!

IP Logged

ianmoticon
Guru

Reply #5 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 9:40am

iPlayer on Wii is generally pretty good, although I don't really use it. I recently bought a component video cable for my Wii and it has a whole new lease of life for gaming. While not HD, the quality of output is so much better than the standard cable, and a million times better than Vince Cable.

Smiley

Equipment list: Dr Who's telly box, Freeview HD box with a big glowing button, TV with a screen, Blu-ray which says "See You" going into standby, glasses which make D go 3, sound all around, stuff

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:25pm

Could you tell us if this play.com Wii to scart plus yellow, red and white cable adapter would be even better than the cable you have tested?

LINK: Scart-Cable-AV-Adapter-Nintendo-Wii

jennifersjpgs.shows.it sky.com tvcatchup.com tanktop.tv virginmedia.com
skyuser.co.uk/forum christiansat.org.uk tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter tinyurl.com/catchuptv-uk denismartindale.co.uk

IP Logged

ianmoticon
Guru

Reply #7 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 11:13am

denismartindale wrote on Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:25pm:
Could you tell us if this play.com Wii to scart plus yellow, red and white cable adapter would be even better than the cable you have tested?

LINK: Scart-Cable-AV-Adapter-Nintendo-Wii

http://p.playserver1.com/ProductImages/3/8/2/4/0/2/9/3/39204283_180x180_1.jpg

I can't tell if it's component video output or not, the play.com page does not make it clear (unless I'm missing something!) Undecided. So it's difficult for me to make a comparison Smiley

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Reply #8 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 5:27pm

I suggested the item mainly for the scart cable option, hoping that would be better than component video which wasn't part of this item, as the small image shows the composite yellow video, red and white sound cable connectors.

The component video means red, green and blue cables plus using the red and white sound cables.

LINK: play.com wii component items

Some have all 5 AV cables RGB and red and white.

I use the RGB and sound cables for my HDTV, yet I recently saw a scart adapter on play.com meant for the RGB cable connectors, though I've not bought 1 or 2 and tested this type before.

LINK: scart adapter for red, green and blue cables

Any of these play.com items helpful to you?

jennifersjpgs.shows.it sky.com tvcatchup.com tanktop.tv virginmedia.com
skyuser.co.uk/forum christiansat.org.uk tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter tinyurl.com/catchuptv-uk denismartindale.co.uk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print