Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
iMedia Screencast/Miracast Adapter (Read 929 times)
denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
iMedia Screencast/Miracast Adapter
Feb 12th, 2014 at 8:16am

12th of February updates

A recently-shown AEI item on http://www.bid.tv explained further here.

Quote frank59:

Saw a demo on www.bid.tv by Shaun from AEI for this new device

TEMP. LINK: iMedia-Wireless-ScreenCast-Adaptor

It allows you to wirelessly transmit content from your smartphone or tablet to your TV.

Looked OK.  Any thoughts ?

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Re: iMedia Screencast/Miracast Adapter
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 8:23am

Current Price: £ 29.99

Key features

Sit back and stream your favourite films, photos and video content wirelessly with this compact Screencast 2.0 adaptor from iMedia, without the need for or additional HDMI cables

The plug & play design allows you to connect the adaptor directly to your TV's HDMI socket and to your home Wi-Fi network, to begin streaming media from any compatible tablet or smartphone with wireless streaming capabilities in up to 1080p full HD and 60 frames per second for sharp, detailed images on your home Television!

1.2 GHz CPU with 256Mb RAM
1x HDMI connection
Wi-Fi Enabled
Up to 1080p full HD video playback
Includes quick start guide, micro USB cable & power supply

Please note: a wireless internet connection is required for this device

Name: iMedia ScreenCast 2.0
Model: DGIMD13
CPU: 1.2GHz Rockchip Cortex A9
Graphics Processing: ARM Mali-400 GPU
HD Video Resolution: Upto 1080p at 60 FPS
Wi-Fi Enabled: Yes
Connectivity: 1x HDMI
Compatibility: Miracast Android 4.2 & Later
Power Source: USB (adaptor & cable supplied)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've seen the Miracast app included in the DS box Apps Management section.

So a wi-fi set-up is required yet the additional cable mentioned beyond the HDMI input was the mini USB cable. Some TVs and some Internet set top boxes have these connectors. Those who don't yet have access via some PC or Internet device may require extra means of recharging.

If AEI or Shaun or www.bid.tv get the demo on www.youtube.com we'll be able to search for iMedia demos. Otherwise, check the www.bid.tv website for its upcoming items. Search iMedia or Screencast.

If this item proves of genuine worth, then it could help to buy 2 now for the whole family's use. However, prices will fall via deals of the day should this be one of them or via www.bid.tv or www.price-drop.tv offering us some £10 discount promotion. Similarly, some items are offered as extras when we phone www.bid.tv. This item might be regfarded as an extra if selling the Digisender TV or iMediaBlaze tablets. As long as wi-fi connections exist and the customer has unlimited Broadband and an acceptable minimum Broadband speed that copes with additional usage such as these items would incur.

Many HD TVs only have the ONE HDMI input, so less options for those customers who may require their ONE HDMI cable for Sky or VM TiVo etc.

Alternatives like online storage would seem worth considering. The Digisender TV has 4GB internal storage and that won't be enough anyway after using up some for the required or suggested apps or testing apps like for TV in the UK and worldwide. So additional micro SD memory cards would help to get downloads eg mp4 video playbacks. If the play now feature doesn't exist. In any case, there are Google Play Store apps for additional video players like the MX Player and the VLC for Android BETA app. The Video Player app option was another I recently used as an extra test for playbacks.

I don't have wi-fi but others will have, so maybe they get the DS box and test the Miracast app for its functions and features and provide feedback as to its value and whether or not the Screencast item is worth getting, based on having 2 HDMI cables for their HD TVs.

The £30 plus £8 delivery may seem excessive, but usually the AEI items remain at their price ranges for several months before a bargain saving promotion comes along.

If sold with the Digisender TV or the iMediaBlaze tablet as a bundle for each of these, then perhaps a combined postage of £7.99 at that time would sell more...

The AEI website has a products webpage for direct sales and an accessories webpage for extras.

Could Keith provide any further info?

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 8:25am

At present, the www.bid.tv item webpage details do not include the Quick Start Guide PDF file we can download. The extra Good To Know details for the Digisender TV included these PDF links. So AEI should have provided extra help for PDF info as soon as possible. If AEI has included a Quick Start Guide in the Screencast item itself (as with the Digisender TV) then that's helpful, but there must be some online AEI PDF file to get access to before buying the item based on a TV demo.

www.youtube.com can be checked later this week.

Sometimes, websites like AEI also host the demos and this would be ideal for new products. If not, then a videos webpage featuring every www.youtube.com link would seem just as worthwhile. As long as it's updated...

So I'll check www.bid.tv search for future TV auctions and for web deals when just a few are available at a time.

Perhaps the Screencast will be updated for higher tech specs and yet remain at the same price, but until then, a £38 total is still OK for a reasonable 14-days returns policy home trial.

I got the Digisender TV for its ethernet cable option but it also offers a wi-fi option set-up I've merely visited yet never used.

Wi-fi helps with automatic app updates. I use the manual updates based on the top left screen links to these. As frank59 kindly pointed out, we get quite a few of these each week. Even so, we've no idea if the upgrades will prove better or not, based on each apps comments with negative feedback and lower ratings than before.

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 8:31am

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=iMedia+Screencast

Some useful links there.

Copying the www link not the Google link there...

Published on  5 Feb 2014 

Upgrade your Home TV to a Wireless Display using the WiFi Direct standard (miracast) or the DLNA Standard. A guide for anyone interested in how Miracast and DLNA works

A few days ago nb PART ONE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiRI4YE3HFc

Notice the power cable which offers its USB acess.

The extra adapter has a switch button that alters between 2 different modes.

Miracast mode is being used by 4.2 iMedia tablet...

The other mode is the DLNA mode.

Miracast doesn't work with ethernet but with Android 4.2 devices and Windows 8.1.

The router needs an Internet connection and the demo shows wi-fi enabled, already on and searching for displays plus the Screencast and its special number and IP address...

The Screencast name can be changed eg LOUNGE...

Latency equals a time delay but is a tiny time period anyway.

A Captain America movie trailer appears from the connection.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiRI4YE3HFc

Parts 2 and 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4_zDbn02Bw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA31vq1Nkfs

So what we have here, is similar to the use of a traditional video sender, that gets a Sky box view somewhere else in the house. This Miracast wi-fi installation looks simple to those who've already learnt the ropes, but most of us haven't a clue. If successfully set up, the view of the IMediaBlaze tablet appears in the best quality playback available as explained and proved in this short demo.

So it's like an add-on device that could be useful, if there were some parental control feature, that could prevent other users' access, perhaps like a time-out relogin feature? Or relogin after viewing each video playback?

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 9:24am

http://aei.eu/wp/imedia-screencast-faq

Call our Sales Hotline on 0207 193 1413

Live Chat option:

http://www.aei.eu/LiveChat/livezilla.php

The contact-us webpage tells us about this info here

www.digisender.tv/screencast

Model: dgimd13

Get the Android app:

LINK: Screencast app file

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 12:47pm

This item is a special Deal of the Day promoted at special times eg 1pm 3, 5 and 8 based on the remaining stock but 80% has gone already.

How about setting up recordings for these demos ie from the www.bid.tv EPG displays?

You'll see the installation on www.youtube.com for specific devices, not just the automatic Miracast mode. See above links parts 1 to 3.

The 1080p 50 or 1080p 60 display modes may not be supported by some TVs, so try the 1080i 50 or 60 modes instead.

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 1:02pm

The AriaPC Superspecials included this type of memory card:

SanDisk SDSDWIFI-008G-X46 8GB Eye-Fi Wireless Memory Card

I've never heard of this type before but wondered if this would be helpful with the iMedia Screencast item...

TEMP. LINK: Sandisk wi-fi memory card

After this isn't a superspecial offer, try the search for Wireless Memory Card or Sandisk Wireless Memory Card...

View at NORMAL PRICE!

LINK: aria.co.uk product 58327

Check Sandisk memory cards on Google...

Product Code is SDSDWIFI-008G-X46

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #7 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 1:19pm

There are 3 user guides for the Miracast device with tiny pages that maybe would be better viewed if PDF files are available. The delivery will include video tutorial website info.

Shaun has recommended searching for DLNA apps to test what they can do, if the Miracast mode doesn't apply.

Currently before 1.30pm with 87% stock already sold. NB Shaun says no more stock this month at the earliest...

90% of stock already sold at 2.00pm.

Just over 60 in stock.

IP Logged

ianmoticon
Guru

Fresh, Exciting AND Invigorating!

Reply #8 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 2:37pm

denismartindale wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 1:19pm:
There are 3 user guides for the Miracast device with tiny pages that maybe would be better viewed if PDF files are available. The delivery will include video tutorial website info.

Shaun has recommended searching for DLNA apps to test what they can do, if the Miracast mode doesn't apply.

Currently before 1.30pm with 87% stock already sold. NB Shaun says no more stock this month at the earliest...

90% of stock already sold at 2.00pm.

Just over 60 in stock.

What if BigBoyUK wants to buy one and doesn't see this post  in time?

Equipment list: Dr Who's telly box, Freeview HD box with a big glowing button, TV with a screen, Blu-ray which says "See You" going into standby, glasses which make D go 3, sound all around, stuff

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #9 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 3:41pm

It's difficult to know if he's already been online and bought one already. With 60 left at 2pm... but at 3.15pm only a few items anyway.

IP Logged

ianmoticon
Guru

Reply #10 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 3:42pm

denismartindale wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 3:41pm:
It's difficult to know if he's already been online and bought one already.

It'll be a miracast if he has.

Equipment list: Dr Who's telly box, Freeview HD box with a big glowing button, TV with a screen, Blu-ray which says "See You" going into standby, glasses which make D go 3, sound all around, stuff

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #11 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 3:47pm

LINK: Buyers listed here

I think he did buy it, based on Christian name and location... We'll find out soon.

As a forum member, he had access to the original discussion email updates which then led me to create a separate discussion to which visitors could find out more.

If successful, then it's thanks to frank59, if not, then it's just another buyer with the same name and same location coincidence.

There were 2 buyers with the name Frank, so maybe we can get some customers' reviews here?

IP Logged

frank59

I used to be a guru on
here !

Blackburn
Reply #12 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 4:40pm

I haven't bought one, although I was tempted.

ATB Frank.

IP Logged

ianmoticon
Guru

Reply #13 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 9:58pm

frank59 wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 4:40pm:
  I haven't bought one, although I was tempted.

I bet you were frank59  Wink

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #14 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:25am

I'd prefer to get the PDF guides for the Miracast Screencast device and some idea of the settings rather than just reading a tiny user guide upon delivery a week later than the purchase.

The Windows 8.1 PC operating system was referred to and I don't have that anyway.

The AEI and Digisender TV websites may not be fully stocked with the iMediaBlaze tablets in different sizes, so it's worth checking www.bid.tv and www.price-drop.tv to find out if selling there and if a product search says when they are on the live TV auctions.

Shaun's demos showed immediate responses of the tablet actions to the HD TV display actions. The wireless connection would improve the game play Internet tablets' controls for the incredibly fast processor power displays as previous demos showed.

Typical free sports games apps can be found on the Google Play Store with customer reviews that point out any problems or plusses.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print