Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
App Ad Blocker (fFor Android Devices) (Read 178 times)
Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
App Ad Blocker (fFor Android Devices)
Aug 9th, 2014 at 6:16pm

i am wondering if there is a App that will block ads telling you about other Apps when on certain apps this seems  to be happening quite a lot now and it's annoying?  TIA Smiley

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Re: App Ad Blocker (fFor Android Devices)
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 11:28pm

It appens a lot...

Maybe as soon as the app starts up with an update or some interruption.

But websites are getting like this. Some even stop you from seeing where the links are so you can't even get away from them. Even if you reload the webpage they appear again.

But with apps, the permissions may include the extras we don't want in a million years. They also destroy some full screen video playbacks.

If we try similar apps we may get better designs and less adverts or screwed up displays.

But that also applies to the video playbacks which add extras left, right and centre. It's a burden to find good apps with limited storage space appearing and when we try to update to the latest version.

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Re: App Ad Blocker (fFor Android Devices)
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 9:32pm

denismartindale wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 at 11:28pm:
It appens a lot...

Maybe as soon as the app starts up with an update or some interruption.

But websites are getting like this. Some even stop you from seeing where the links are so you can't even get away from them. Even if you reload the webpage they appear again.

But with apps, the permissions may include the extras we don't want in a million years. They also destroy some full screen video playbacks.

If we try similar apps we may get better designs and less adverts or screwed up displays.

But that also applies to the video playbacks which add extras left, right and centre. It's a burden to find good apps with limited storage space appearing and when we try to update to the latest version.
Didn't know that about ads covering up links that we may want to explore I did mention a good while back that apparently by click twice on a particular permission will actually disable that permission so this will be tested but I haven't seen a persmission saying allow ads on the page (app) etc and I don't think I will do as the ads must get as much covarage as they can which makes it even worse for those who aren't interested in these darn ads!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print