Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Digisender Security Apps (Only) (Read 851 times)
Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Digisender Security Apps (Only)
Apr 27th, 2015 at 10:45am

Please Post about these Apps on here:

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Re: Digisender Security Apps (Only)
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 10:57am

As we know Android devices need protection from Malware and Viruses. I did for a while have the Malwarebytes app installed on my  Digisender box this caused problems
big time scanning time was in excess of 800 secs so contacted the app devleoper who assured me this was being fixed and sure enough a new and improved app was released all went well for a short time but then it started to scan slow again to the point it became unusable as scan times were up to 1,100secs so uninstalled it and now have CM Security much faster and lots of nice features like Optimise and Protect and it tells you what needs to be protected via a list which you tick the boxes that might need protecting.

The only down side is (not really a problem) some times I get a message saying battery running low on your device
boost now for better performance click on boost and all is good. Regards

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 12:40pm

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 1:16pm

In regard to security issues... be careful about any app or website's request for account details eg email details.

If the Internet device goes wrong, you may not be able to start it and change any of your login setups. Once returned, what then? Will it be partially reset and then resold?

If we click the 'remember my username and password details' option, maybe the next buyer can get the same login access, too...

I'm wondering if we ever return an Internet device if we should get Internet access elsewhere just to change our passwords so others don't get any access later on.

However, some apps still retain data and maybe access to previous login and Inbox displays...

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 5:17pm

denismartindale wrote on Apr 28th, 2015 at 1:16pm:
In regard to security issues... be careful about any app or website's request for account details eg email details.

If the Internet device goes wrong, you may not be able to start it and change any of your login setups. Once returned, what then? Will it be partially reset and then resold?

If we click the 'remember my username and password details' option, maybe the next buyer can get the same login access, too...

I'm wondering if we ever return an Internet device if we should get Internet access elsewhere just to change our passwords so others don't get any access later on.

However, some apps still retain data and maybe access to previous login and Inbox displays...
I Think that's good idea Denis! It's all server side.
And if the app doesn't help there's  always   the website login details which can be changed. As for CC/DC  details these should never be stored on a internet device it just makes it easier for the crooks/fraudsters  to  get at your money. Regards

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print