Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Digisender TV needs 32 GB micro SD card (Read 98 times)
denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Digisender TV needs 32 GB micro SD card
May 22nd, 2015 at 12:55pm

LINK: Amazon price less than £10

I noticed the RT Forum link to the Amazon Class 10 micro SD card and that's the Kingston Technology item I use on the DS 1.2 and the DS 1.5 boxes.

The Settings App then Apps leads to each app's info. It may offer a way to transfer some data to the SD card, or to return it to the phone later.

Without such options, how are we supposed to use the DS 1.2 with such a low storage after Google apps and antivirus apps get installed?

Once sorted, I can use various web browser apps and customise these to download directly to the micro SD card instead.

If a download is identified as failed, the DOWNLOADS app shows each of these and the RETRY option may be successful.

If I use the File Browser app to move downloaded files then the DOWNLOADS app tells me it can't find the item then offers the chance to delete the listed item...

Sometimes a web browser app has some screen display of the Internet history, or the downloads, so maybe there's still access to the URLs or the details of a file and its filename and extension...

The micro SD card can be accessed and a selected file may be copied to another directory or a separate USB device eg USB drive or USB adapter and a separate micro SD card...

The maximum recommended card is a 32 GB size with about 29 GB available so at least 25 GB for images and video downloads. NB some websites offer SD or HD quality downloads or 240, 360 or 480 style quality, so select what's available suited to your ISP's download speed.

Furthermore, check what's available on media player apps beyond the standard Video Player app. Check Menu and Settings as well as display settings eg zoom or stretch to fit screen or screen format eg 4:3 or 16:9 etc...

We've discussed the way to set up the DS boxes for allowing the DVD recorder to get past the recording prohibited problem.

Get the 3 AV cables to the HD TV, adjust the display for CVBS to show the higher value not the lower default value. Then get the 3 AV cables to the DVD Recorder instead. I use a gold-plated scart adapter to boost the picture and sound quality...

Better options are available on the DS 1.5 box, as that offers more storage, instead of continually running low on the DS 1.2 box.

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print