Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BBC iPlayer (Read 717 times)
Raffin

Have you tried FrequencyCast
yet?

BBC iPlayer
May 28th, 2015 at 3:35pm

Help! About a week ago I suddenly couldn't watch anything on the iPlayer through my computer - just a short buffering and the "try again" notice every time. Up to then I could watch programmes on a regular basis despite a Broadband with download speeds consistently at only around 1.0Mbps. BBC Help suggested clearing the cache and re-installing Flash Player -which I did and it seemed not to make any difference. However, the weird thing is that I found I can get some playback, though often with a lot of buffering, using HD rather than SD!
Any ideas?

IP Logged

gomezz
Guru

Visitor to www.radioandtelly.co
.uk

Buckingham
Re: BBC iPlayer
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2015 at 6:09pm

Try a different browser.

Topfield 5800; Digitalstream DHR8205U; Humax DTR-T1000; Humax Foxsat HDR; Pioneer 420H HDD/DVDR
Pioneer BDP-320; Acer Revo R3610; Thor HDC75; Denon AV-F100;  Samsung LE55B651T; Oxford TX

IP Logged

Raffin

Have you tried FrequencyCast
yet?

Re: BBC iPlayer
Reply #2 - May 31st, 2015 at 5:36am

Thank you Gomezz for taking the trouble to reply - actually the BBC also suggested that - but the snag is that I must use a VPN to get the BBC services and it seems that my VPN locks me into Firefox. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing and it still comes up with Firefox.The people arranging the VPN have not replied to my query about this so I'm still stuck as to why iPlayer suddenly won't work - in SD at least - although still the strange thing is that the odd programme will play quite well in HD.
So I might get another VPN..or try reinstalling my OS (Windows XP). I have also not been able to get the BBC Downloader software to work and the BBC Help recommended I do an OS re-installation for that issue. Haven't got around to that yet but am wondering if that would also help with my iPlayer issue?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print