Send Topic Print
Micro SD Cards (Read 824 times)
Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Micro SD Cards
Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:24pm

I have a friend who works for a car spares company and they do dash cameras  these take Micro SD cards and sell these cards seperately they are 8GB and with staff discount sell for £3.99 is this a good price? I think it is Smiley Regards

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Re: Micro SD Cards
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 5:18pm

Usually we see the highest recommended micro SD cards are the CLASS 10 type and these are sold for excellent prices. The Kingston or Integral ones are OK for my use. I prefer the 32GB size for about £12.

I've also seen the Samsung cards advertised thanks to the R&T forum as well as links to the Amazon website.

You may have seen some offers like Wowcher, Groupon and Amazon deals. Some of these look reasonable till we see the extra delivery charge. So a post free CLASS 10 type seems much better all round.

Some USB drives will accept SD cards if these are slotted into some USB adaptor. Sometimes we may need some USB hub to access the adaptor properly. However, removal of USB drives or micro SD cards from their own slots isn't safe unless some safety process lets us unmount the device such as some set top boxes do.

The other problem with such drives and cards is there isn't a second drive or card to create a backup onto. Hence the attempt to use 4-way USB hubs and using File Browser apps to select, copy and paste files from one device to the one next to it on that hub...

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 6:56pm

I  think starting off with a smaller card can create less errors
and problems later on as for back up I have a 500GB mobile HDD which may work on the DS I am so far behind on other things to with the DS like a simple thing like connecting the DS to a DVD/HDD recorder!!

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 1:49pm

Just in case the 32GB class 10 micro SD card and adaptor helps

LINK: Amazon items

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net