Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Mail2web Contact Email Address. (Read 3105 times)
Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Mail2web Contact Email Address.
Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:52pm

While there is a online form which can't be completed because of a captcha screen not compatible with the Netgem
I-Player The email I was trying to send to the help dept was basicaly when selecting emails to be deleted you aren't taken to the page which says you have marked (for Eg) 10 emails for deletetion do you want to delete these emais Yes/No it used to work every single time even on the Netgem box but not any more. So need the actual email address to contact the help/support dept. Regards

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Re: Mail2web Contact Email Address.
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 5:31pm

Try their website for the end of the webpage offers the Contact Us form:

http://mail2web.com/

http://mail2web.com/contact-us/

NB let this load up for a few minutes in case it needs to load extra images and so on...

Also consider the FORUM and the Got any ideas for us options:

http://mail2web.com/forums/

http://mail2web.com/ideas/

Also test what happens when using the secure login setup for https etc emails and the advanced login setup and the advanced with secure login setup, as explained before.

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 6:19pm

As used before,

http://tinyurl.com/signin2bush

Edit the lower form eg delete bushinternet and replace with

mail.yahoo.com

Enter the full email address and password and select IMAP but not SSL.

My Inbox loaded OK. I selected an email to delete and there was no CAPTCHA image at all to worry about.

Email deleted and I returned to the Inbox and later deleted another email.

Access may depend on the web browser or Internet app for a web browser, yet there are plenty of Internet apps we discussed before that can be set up as a workaround.

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 6:30pm

I tested the suggested login for plus.net and your plus.com email settings and confirm the IMAP and no SSL options worked within 2 minutes, so allow that time...

You had almost 300 emails and you'll be able to view dozens of these. The right-hand side X image means close and return to the Inbox.

From there, select that opened email and delete it with any email you also know could be deleted. Test if both get deleted or if you must delete just ONE at a time.

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 6:31pm

Please note that the mail2web service doesn't always open the linked to URL even for basic logins tests. So try till something does open the Inbox.

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 8:52pm

denismartindale wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 6:31pm:
Please note that the mail2web service doesn't always open the linked to URL even for basic logins tests. So try till something does open the Inbox.

Yes I know that and sometimes just as the SSL Negotiation Error message I hit ALT+R this reloads the login page so a possible work around here! Regards

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 8:57pm

denismartindale wrote on Aug 15th, 2015 at 6:19pm:
As used before,

http://tinyurl.com/signin2bush

Edit the lower form eg delete bushinternet and replace with

mail.yahoo.com

Enter the full email address and password and select IMAP but not SSL.

My Inbox loaded OK. I selected an email to delete and there was no CAPTCHA image at all to worry about.

Email deleted and I returned to the Inbox and later deleted another email.

Access may depend on the web browser or Internet app for a web browser, yet there are plenty of Internet apps we discussed before that can be set up as a workaround.
Note this was on the Netgem I-Player box the Captcha only appeared on the on line contact form the I-Player couldn't see the Captcha so could not post the support request. Regards

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2015 at 11:23pm

I sent the Captcha image not appearing on older web browsers info on your behalf. NB using the PC version of that Captcha webpage, with suggestions so a second webpage was requested, but without the Captcha image. If mail2web responds, then OK, but if not, then perhaps their free support number helps eg 0-800-680-0676 which is a 24-7 customer service that might be able to speed up a second webpage eg contact-us2 or contact-us-no-captcha...

I suggested that the second webpage be added as an extra link at the top of the Contact Us webpage eg

LINK: If you don't see the Captcha image, then click here to load a second webpage that doesn't use the Captcha option...

Maybe this helps you and others in the future.

I'm not sure if your delete the selected emails problem is a temporary one or not, but if it gets sorted out soon, then let us know.

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #8 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 11:46am

Thank you for contacting Mail2web on my behalf! Did you mention about the deletion confirmation page not loading when selected emails are marked for deletion after clicking on 'Delete Selected Emails'? Tried the tinyurl alternative login page and did the obvious server name changes and user name and pass word clicked the login button and I waited,waited and waited nothing happend and the Netgem cursor hung and stayed red. Would further modifications to this page be needed and did you test it using  your Netgem box and not the Fetch Tv box? Regards

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #9 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 1:10pm

Note: When using the tinyurlbush login it takes for ever to load the page then when it does appear on screen the 3 check boxes have the Netgem logo's and they take just as long to load. And yet my BB connection is fine. Not sure why it would take ages to load 3 check boxes as it's a basic login page with no images to load? Regards

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #10 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 2:16pm

After waiting even longer 5 mins after the login button was clicked  I get this message Can't Explore: TMP/~ 00006.85 this changes each time I click on the login button so next time it was TMP/~00007.85 and so on. so it seems the login button is at fault here. It can't be anything else. I have tried everything even via the offical mail2web login page for Eg: pop3 and SSL
checked, just pop 3 on it's own, IMAP+SSL and IMAP and no SSL checked even to changing the laungauge of the mail box some of the things I tried I couldn't even login (which is obvious!) and when i could login via the mail2web official login page I still can't delete message(s) it reloads the emails as if I have just logged in. Regards

Regards
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2015 at 4:30pm by Bigboyuk »  

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #11 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 11:16pm

Until this problem is resolved I used the PC to assist your need to delete emails. The earlier Dogforum emails have been deleted, so there's less need to worry about those.

With mail2web you can select the SENDER and then the A to Z order and get the Dogforum emails in a group so as to get better knowledge of recent forum posts there.

The numbers for emails are helping in deciding which emails to delete eg 150 being kept and 149 being the earlier email to delete safely.

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #12 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 12:59pm

I Did call the support telephone number and spent 1 hr explaining the problem Don't think the agent understood the problem he kept saying it was a browser problem and prehaps a bug in the old browser the Netgem uses. But saying that I did manage to find that by clicking the 'Delete All Emails' which doesn't require the check boxes being ticked
does take you to the next page which confirms do you want to delete all emails Yes/No and yet when selected emails that are ticked wether it's one or the whole page ticked then you click the 'Delete Selected Emails' button you aren't taken
to that confirmation page asking you do you want to delete
selected emails Yes/No  So if it was a bug in the Netgem's browser I wouldn't be able to delete all emails and that page wouldn't be displayed which it does display perfectly and every single time. So I have asked him to get the tech dept to look at the server settings and tweak the settings which I believe is possible So what do you think could it still be a browser problem even though I can succesfuly delete all emails if I wanted to? I told him I have been using the mail2web service for years with no problem till recently I gave him as much infomation as possible to help them resolve the problem. Regards

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #13 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 1:56pm

From my experiences with the PC and different Internet devices I know that some websites continue to be iffy.

The web browsers act in different ways to the way the designer of the web service knows of. We deal with flash player and java and javascript and slow loading web pages as well as html errors and script errors.

I've seen this with mail2web even in this recent time of testing on the PC. When the expected doesn't happen, or the obvious login options don't work, I try workarounds and even customised web pages based on segments of the original html text commands.

So when all is well, the mail2web service runs OK as expected and we don't worry at all. The slightest error or delayed loading and we're back in the Twilight Zone. Hence the need for various PC web browsers as well as Internet devices and their Internet web browser apps.

As every single PC, program, app or device gets revised, we're attempting to stay on top of the latest situation.

Today's PC program problem took almost an hour to uninstall, switch off and reinstall and check for signatures the antivirus program needed.

So mail2web isn't as high a priority some days and by the time we get back online to test again, we've no idea what will work or not work this time.

That's why some websites feature the mobile or lite version which creates less hassle for us, sometimes.

In your case, the original login led to just a few emails from which to select. When I switched to view ALL emails, I still had no problem getting the deleting to work exactly as it should, thus over a hundred emails were deleted in stages.

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #14 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 2:07pm

With mail2web, we know that some login attempts don't work. We know that various login options also don't work. We know that Captcha options on some websites are too small or too complicated to get our approval. We regard some features as stupid and rightly so. For some of us using pay as you go dialup Internet access, these setbacks cost us money.

Accessibility is a consumer issue and websites should provide basic setups rather than stupid setups that upset.

Fancy setups look clever and pretty darn good but won't please everyone. So your precise feedback reminds mail2web that we don't expect more, we expect less because sometimes less is more. Ask yahoo email customers who loved the older versions and hate the new versions.

How does the plus.net webmail setup compare for you?

Could you get emails received into a yahoo account instead or gmail, perhaps?

POP and IMAP access to emails can be set up and leave the original emails intact or delete as you delete via mail2web and other web services.

I use the POP PEEPER PC email program for over a dozen different email accounts.

With Internet apps you get a chance to test layouts as well as POP and IMAP access to the Inbox as well as the folders.

If we can't delete emails successfully, can we MOVE to a different folder instead? This has been tried before. MOVE to the TRASH folder ie a test email then a few test emails.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print