Avant Web Browser info (Read 672 times)
denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Avant Web Browser info
Oct 3rd, 2015 at 11:42pm

We can use PCs and laptops for Internet TV style access to various TV channel websites and players.

Earlier this year, I had several loading and crashing webpage problems with Internet Explorer, so I tried other web browsers. Some don't store the cached images, so as to make it easy to search for these and save some and delete the rest.

Today I checked the upgrade for the Avant Browser:

http://www.avantbrowser.com/

I upgraded successfully and was then made aware of an Advanced Ultimate version with extra ways to view websites, since the 3 'Rendering Engine' viewers could reduce problems with different websites.

(NB The Avant Browser Advanced Ultimate version's top right 9 boxes icon displays various settings including these Rendering Engine viewers.)

http://www.avantbrowser.com/download.aspx?uil=en-GB

That leads to the download for the Advanced Ultimate version:

avantbrowser.com/

release/

asetup.exe

Maybe other R & T forum members could check this version, too.

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Re: Avant Web Browser info
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 10:43am

Is there a Android version too? Regards

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Re: Avant Web Browser info
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 11:58pm

My initial check used the Google Play Store and Avant led all over the place as a keyword search, same again with Avant Browser.

Any app that could be tested for its app creator ought to lead back to the Avant website anyway.

That is another way to search for apps by checking Google Search for that website as well.

The Avant Browser details explain about a portable version ie some zip file being involved.

It helps to test complex apps on the DS 1.5 box rather than the 1.2.

There are complex web browser apps, each with quality features that make us switch from one app to another.

The same applies with saved or downloaded files eg long paused OK action on the image leads to Save Image? Or open in new tab?

The web browser may allow a different download path rather than the internal storage card itself.

From then on, accessing a File Browser app or File Manager style app can lead to various actions like delete or move or rename, ie cut leads to a later action elsewhere for past file or files here.

I recently saw a HUSH HUSH promotional offer for the iMedia Blaze 9" tablet, soon to expire:

http://www.hushhush.com/deals.aspx?search=imedia%20blaze

A significant saving at £52, ending in about 24 hours...

Tablets can do extra things rather than the DS set top boxes.

But it's the testing of more than one app for a known purpose that gets us more involved in how we can develop particular features with other apps, too.

So it is with the PC and web broswers and I've tried the Enigma web browser and TheWorld web browser and Slimbrowser. Only when I got a 160GB Windows 7 PC was there loads of storage to test even more.

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print