Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How Would You Like To See Improvents on I-Player (Read 764 times)
Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
How Would You Like To See Improvents on I-Player
Nov 2nd, 2015 at 6:36pm

Personaly for me Bolder text  and what I want too see is when there are loads of episodes of a particular programme like for Eg: Say the proms there is only a very brief description next to each thumbnail, what is need is either the date shown by each thumbnail or some visible tag that can be read when you hovver over the thumbnail also when playing a programme and you hit any key all it tells you is the title of the programme and no episode number this would be helpful so you 'know' you are actually watching the episode you have selected! Regards

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Re: How Would You Like To See Improvents on I-Player
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:14pm

The html code for the PC user that describes an image or a link is called the alt tag. For Internet set top boxes like web tv etc, you must also add the title tag within the link or description.

This type of display has been used on some forums as a description for a topic to be seen by both types of forum visitor.

BOLD text can be ordinary text with a zoom effect being used. The Settings App has options for zoom to work, or we switch to large or huge text sizes where possible, likewise with web browser app customisations and settings or extra menu button options.

Some use the h1 to h7 style for text instead of html settings such as center then bold OR strong then the text font then the text then font off then bold OR strong off then center off... Bold doesn't always work as well as the strong tag command, that's why I updated several of my websites to overcome that display problem. The HTML Validator Lite PC programme helps confirm what works best.

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2015 at 8:20pm

Some sites have their own text size options usually displayed as A A A so you select which font size helps.

In many cases we rely on a Google search to find a website and its links which include the sitemap listings and for a specific programme or show title leading to its details or its cast and future episodes. Otherwise, try the video link to see where that leads to.

Many BBC shows and series will be shown on other channels, so maybe a previously-broadcasted show is already on another TV channel's website or youtube.

In some cases we can follow or subscribe to some username and get updates on new uploads.

sky.com virginmedia.com freeview.co.uk freesat.co.uk netgem.tv
tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter skyuser.co.uk/forum ukproxyserver.net
moneysavingexpert.com ebay.co.uk tinyurl.com/recentrtf www.google.com

IP Logged

Bigboyuk
Guru

The I-Player Guy

Stoke on trent
Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 11:58am

That select font size which some websites use is a good  idea and BBC I-Player could use it. I already  have font size on my DS to Large but that doesn't help and neither does CLTR and + does  nothing well not on the BBC I-Player App. Even adjusting  in Chrome browser with the  slider (upto 200%) does not do anything May be time to try a different browser! Regards

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print