Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions about Humax F2-FOX T or PVR 8000T (Read 1881 times)
Annie

Questions about Humax F2-FOX T or PVR 8000T
May 9th, 2004 at 3:28pm

I am interested in buying a Humax F2-FOX T STB or PVR-8000T but I would like to know the answer to a couple of things first:

1) Could anyone who currently owns either of these please give me the exact dimensions of the box? I am very short of space on my TV stand and the height dimension is especially critical.

2) How many timers can be set and can these be set to repeat at regular intervals, ie. weekly?

3) On the PVR-8000T, is it possible to record the Freeview signal on an external DVD recorder?

Many thanks.

Annie

IP Logged

Annie

Re: Questions about Humax F2-FOX T or PVR 8000T
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2004 at 4:05pm

Sorry, I have another couple of questions about the F2-FOX T. Does the front display show the channel that the box is tuned into and is it clear enough to read from the settee approx. 8 feet away?

Also, I have read that there could be a difficulty if you are located between two repeaters (not sure that is the correct term for digital). Is it easy enough to tune the box in to receive the best signal strength for each channel or swap channel numbers over, if need be? I hope this makes sense!

IP Logged

flaninacupboard
Guru

Check out http://www.vide
ohelp.com

Northants
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2004 at 4:47pm

i have the 800T.

width, 370mm. depth, 265mm(but space needed for connectors and cabling. height 67mm, but it will get hot if there isn't some clearance above it.

New TV stand is probably a good idea, the stand that came with mine had two shelves. i currently have freeview stb, cd player, amplifier, dvd player, laserdisc player, mini computer, gamecube and D.A.C. on my stand..... And a TV of course Cheesy

not sure of a limit on timers, i've not run into one. you can set to repeat daily and weekly.

You can connect your DVD recorder to the second SCART socket to record the freeview signals.

The display is about 18mm high, i can see it from bed with glasses, but not without! it does indeed show channel number when on and time when in standby.

I had no problem removing additional channels, and it doesn't re-scan in the middle of the night or anything like some boxes.

IP Logged

digiman

UK
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2004 at 10:39pm

I have the F2-FOXT. It's 18cm deep X 26cm wide X 5cm high, including its feet. Allow some space at the rear of it, for all the cables.

Don't enclose the box or position it directly above something else that runs hot, as it runs fairly hot itself and you need to allow for natural convection cooling.

The display on the front of the F2 can be seen quite clearly from 8ft away and the digital channel no. does show. Indeed, the display is one of this box's fortes. This is particularly useful when selecting a digital radio station.

You might not so easily see the display, though, if bright sunlight were to shine on it, so position the F2 and the rest of the TV kit in a part of the room where the sun, during the day, won't give that problem. Equally, you wouldn't be able to view the TV's picture well enough.

IP Logged

Annie

Reply #4 - May 10th, 2004 at 10:30am

Thanks flaninacupboard & digiman. Wow, what a lot of appliances you have flaninacupboard. I have a DVD Recorded, an old video, a DVD Player/Surround Sound System and currently an old ITV Digital Pace STB box. The STB is going to be too big to fit in when our new iDTV arrives and I think the 8000T is going to be pushing it also - what a pity!

I think I will probably opt for the F2-FOX T. I've been spoilt by having a channel display before and I'm concerned that I (or someone else in the family!) will end up recording the wrong channel without it. Grin I intend to use the box for all recordings and the DVB in the telly for watching.

digiman, I'd be really grateful if you could please tell me what colour the LED's are on the front of the display (really hoping they're green and not red) and how many timers can be set and if they can repeat weekly. Also, is it easy to swap/remove duplicate channels?

Sorry for all the questions.

IP Logged

digiman

UK
Reply #5 - May 10th, 2004 at 6:29pm

Annie, I can't answer ALL of your questions, as I don't, as yet, use the F2-FOXT in quite as intense a way as you presume.

When recording from the STB, it may be sensible to not rely just on the channel no. showing in the F2's display. Instead, it may be more bulletproof you relying on the channel no. programmed into your VCR (I assume your recording device will be a VCR) and which would show on the frontpanel of your VCR. However, I'm not talking from actual experience, so can't be certain about this.

The display is indeed green and is quite bright, certainly good enough for all normal conditions.

I can't comment on the timer(s), as I've not made use of them. I believe you can manually remove duplicate channels.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print