Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Panasonic RF-D1 - Error F76 PDET (Read 2278 times)
Panasonic_RF-D1

Visitor to www.radioandtelly.co
.uk

Panasonic RF-D1 - Error F76 PDET
Aug 19th, 2005 at 1:55pm

I have a Panasonic RF-D1 – the DAB from Sansburys advertisement, it s just out of warranty and there is a problem with it .When switched on the error message F76 PDET comes up on the display and that is it – it does not do nothing else . Is this something that one could possibly repair or is it the time for me to get a new one :( ??? Regards

IP Logged

shrewboy

.uk

Re: Panasonic RF-D1 - Error F76 PDET
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2005 at 2:32pm

Hi there, I'm afraid I can't help you with your problem but I would be interested to know if you had any joy getting it fixed? My radio has the same problem and the warrenty has run out. I would be interested to hear haw you got on.

Shrewboy

IP Logged

Asher

.uk

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2005 at 5:53pm

Seems like a common problem. Mine is 9 months old and has just gone down with the very same error message.

I havent found out what the error message is yet or sort out servicing.

IP Logged

DABman

.uk

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 12:43pm

I had exactly the same error a few months back and my wife took it back to the shop.  We were told that we had 'pushed the wrong buttons' and it was returned fixed.  Just a few weeks later the same error occurred and I didn't want the same response with the warranty running out fast. 

This time I searched the web for the error code and found the first letter above. 

We returned the radio with a written letter, detailing the previous error, listing dates, and with the above letter pasted into it to prove this was not a one-off.  I then made some positive comments about the shop's normal standards of customer service as it was generally good.

Even though the radio was 9 months old, this time the shop offered me a full refund rather than make excuses.

So, in short, you can see this is a more common error than Panasonic would like to admit and if I were you I'd put a complaint in writing, include the comments above and at the least get a replacement and preferably your money back (whether or not your warranty has expired).

DABman  Wink

IP Logged

brillsound

.uk

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2005 at 1:52am

I too have got the same error and hope to find a solution on the web.  Come on Panasonic, please tell us how to sort this common problem!

IP Logged

JimRFD1

Visitor to www.radioandtel
ly.co.uk

Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2005 at 12:23pm

I just had the same problem but seem to have cured it.

I have been running the set using the mains lead, but also had some old batteries in which had stopped working. I took the batteries out and then switched on again and the error code had gone. It now works normally. I have no idea what cised the problem in the  first place.

IP Logged

Asher

.uk

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2005 at 12:04pm

Having got nowhere with Panasonic, I sent the radio off by post to the original supplier. Within 24 hours I received a reply saying that it could not be repaired but would I like a Roberts RD-20 in it's place. I said yes and this morning it arrived and is up and running.
Panasonic said that the error code did not tell you what the fault was, only a guide for the engineer to know where to look !! They also said that there wasn't a big problem with this radio!!

IP Logged

scudder39

Watch this space

Reply #7 - Dec 26th, 2005 at 12:06pm

Hi, I had the same problem.

To ''re-state'' the circuit, I connected a 10Vdc supply to the battery connections (batteries didn't work),
I left energised for 60 minutes and then disconnected the 10Vdc.

Subsequently I then re-connected the 'normal' AC/DC power unit - all seems okay now.

Hope it helps, - Trevor JB

IP Logged

gazglasgow

Watch this space

Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2006 at 10:52pm

Hello

This problem with the RFD1 is caused by failure of the internal 5V power supply. This can be repaired. The total repair cost is £37.60 including VAT.

Garry
enquiries@cgelect.co.uk

IP Logged

chester53

Watch this space

Reply #9 - Aug 23rd, 2006 at 5:52pm

I too have this error on an 18 month old RF-D1 that I bought as a present for the wife. The store has not been helpful saying it's out of warranty now. 18 months for a £70 item is pretty poor, and then half that again to get it repaired (if I can find someone to do it). Disappointing!  Sad

IP Logged

sewagesparky

Watch this space

North Somerset
Reply #10 - Nov 5th, 2006 at 5:07pm

Same problem with a radio just under two years old. Was working OK on the adaptor, then I turned it off and unplugged the adaptor, before taking out the discharged Nimh batteries that had been in there for a while. On plugging it in again without batteries I got the message.

I'll see what happens when I put the batteries back, if not I'll try some of the things suggested above. I'll let you know!

Incidentally, the open circuit voltage on the adaptor is 13V - seems rather high to me since it's rated at 9V - anyone else find this?

I've e-mailed Panasonic, although by the sound of it I shouldn't expect a particularly intelligent response!

IP Logged

benevetts

Watch this space

Reply #11 - Jan 17th, 2007 at 10:23pm

I emailed Panasonic.  A week later and no reply...i guess the lesson must be never to buy anything made by Panasonic.  It seems all too convenient that all of our radios went wrong at around the point they were a year old and judging from the fact that there have been 3,000 views on this page we can't be the only ones.

Shame really, it wasn't a bad bit of kit when it worked.

IP Logged

sewagesparky

Watch this space

North Somerset
Reply #12 - Jan 19th, 2007 at 11:00am

Never did get it to work again, and Panasonic just told me to take it to a local service agent. Then I remembered I'd taken out a three year extended warranty on a deal offered at the time, and the supplier exchanged it without question for a new Pure Elan RV40, which has a two year warranty anyway. Great piece of kit. Guess the lesson is that whilst a lot of extended warranties are a waste of money, they can be useful some times if the value of the item and the 'newness' of the technology make it worth it (or if it's a cracking special deal).

IP Logged

warrantysceptic

Watch this space

Reply #13 - Jan 24th, 2007 at 10:06am

Roll EyesBought mine in October 2004, and have just hit this problem (fortunately, just a day before needing to reset the alarm to 5:30am to do an airport run for a friend!). Set has been working from the mains adapter (but with batteries still in) since Nov 2004 (it seemed to eat batteries).  On reading the above I've removed the batteries and at the moment it seems OK.

I never buy extended warranties, I regard them as a scam and I could probably replace half my kit out of the savings I've made. I've also got 2 Panasonic TVs, 2 Panasonic VCRs and a Panasonic DVD, they're all over 3 years old and the only one that needed repair/replacement was the DVD - faulty on purchase, replaced under standard 1-year warranty.

IP Logged

brett

Watch this space

Reply #14 - Jan 25th, 2007 at 9:30am

I have the same problem with the RF-D1 error F76 PDET. I have tried it several times over the last few days and then today it worked. By the look of the posts on here it will no doubt fail again. I think its discracefull that a radio that cost £80 can be so unreliable. I am loosing interest in buying consumer electronics as  many items I have bought failed in an unreasonably short time. This radio should be trouble free for at least 10 years.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print