Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problems with certain programmes (Read 1238 times)
Susan1

Watch this space

Problems with certain programmes
Mar 16th, 2006 at 1:04pm

We have a second hand freeview box which we installed a few months ago.
Some programmes are fine and the picture, sound etc are good but some, now and again, either freeze or the picture becomes little squares and the sound is patchy.
Is this something to do with it being an 'old' box or is there something we are missing?  Do we need a new box?
We have tried switching off and back on with no better result!

Any response are welcome.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Two_Boxes
Guru

Visitor to www.radioandtelly.co
.uk

Re: Problems with certain programmes
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2006 at 2:48pm

It is probably interference, but could be a range of things.
The box is probably OK.

I get that sort of thing occasionally, as i stated in the 'Model Railway' post, one of my brothers/nephews model engines creates a lot of interference, causing the same problems you are experiencing. Luckily it is controlable.
Electrical equipment can cause problems (most likely something with a motor, such as a drill, pump, clothes dryer etc.), or passing vehicles, or just a weak signal, or mis-aligned aerial or a combination of things.

IP Logged

andyn

Watch this space

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2006 at 1:31pm

I just had the same problem and i upgraded my aerial with 1010aerials www.1010aerials.com and its working great

IP Logged

bluebottle

Watch this space

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2006 at 11:02am

Hi i am a newbie and am becoming increasingly frustrated with a Sagem freeview box.
This works fine for weeks on end and then ,as at the present time ,decides to freeze on certain channels.
I have discovered that these channels are all on the transponder used by the BBC and all the commercial channels are Ok, If you can access. them!
The present bout of BBC Freezes coincide with the Commonwealth Games and their attempts to show it on some other channel (301 etc)

Can anyone tell me what is going on, and has anybody had the same problem?

Ps I  :-suspect the box will return to normal operation after the Games but when will it happen again ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print