On The Blog (Read 6862 times)
FrequencyCast
Global Moderator

Check out our digital
TV podcast

London
On The Blog
Jul 7th, 2008 at 11:03am

Anyone been following "On the Blog" on BBC Radio 2 - A hidden gem of a comedy show.

If so, anyone know what happened to the last episode of "On The Blog" Series 2? Scheduled for transmission on Saturday 5th July at 1:30pm, the episode "PC World" was pulled for a repeat of "Daydream Believers".

Dying to hear the last episode... why was it pulled?
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2008 at 1:26pm by Admin »  

FrequencyCast  - the online radio show covering digital TV in the UK. Take a listen at www.frequencycast.co.uk

IP Logged

skinnymolby

Have you listened to FrequencyCast
yet?

Re: On The Blog
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 10:28am

Hello,

Ep 6 "PC World" was pulled the day before broadcast apparently for reasons connected to its subject matter. The radio 2 website was then hastily amended to suggest that the series had only ever had five eps despite all newspaper and magazine listings having already been published featuring the 6th.

The episode was submitted to the beeb several weeks ago in advance of the deadline and, as I understand it, all relevant compliance documents were completed clearly flagging up any potentially controversial elements. Radio 2, as far as this correspondent is aware, at no point offered any comment or aproached the production company with any suggested edits/revisions. They apparently just whipped it off on the quiet.

I can only say that I know for a fact that every effort was made everyone involved in the writing, recording and editing of the show to ensure that the program, despite dealing with a potentially inflamatory subject, did so in an inoffensive manner and without any ambiguity of moral standpoint.

I'm afraid I'm in no position to say more than that at this stage. Hopefully you'll get to hear it somehow soon. In my humble opinion (having been lucky enough to have heard it) it's the best ep of the series and I know that's an opinion shared by many of those involved with the show.

To answer one or two other questions... as I understand it there is no real prospect of a cd release of either series as the amount of copyright music in the show would require a re-edit which neither the beeb nor the production company are likely to pay for given the possible returns.

News of a possible series three wouldn't be heard until after Radio 2s next commisioning round which I believe is in the autumn.

Yours, Skinny.

IP Logged

FrequencyCast
Global Moderator

Check out our digital
TV podcast

London
Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2008 at 11:11pm

Interesting, and explains a lot. Finger's crossed we get to hear it soon...

Out of interest, here's all the beeb were prepared to say on the subject:

"The final episode of “On The Blog” may be broadcast at a later date. Keep an eye on the website for details. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused."

FrequencyCast  - the online radio show covering digital TV in the UK. Take a listen at www.frequencycast.co.uk

IP Logged

skinnymolby

Have you listened to FrequencyCast
yet?

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 11:53am

Hello,

Just in case anyone's interested I can confirm that a 3rd series has been commissioned and is scheduled to be broadcast in the summer.

There is also a good chance (though it's by no means certain) of a repeat of series 2, all 6 eps thereof, and a cd release before series 3 airs.

Yours,
Skinny.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print