Radio And Telly Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Big Deal replaced by Movie Mix (Read 4464 times)
denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Waltham TV region, Midlands
Big Deal replaced by Movie Mix
Dec 6th, 2012 at 7:26pm

Big Deal, channel 32 on Freeview, has bidplus as well as speedauction programmes, too.

I scrolled back along the EPG to see programmes began at 1 am this morning.

That made me wonder if there'd been a channel change so I tested that with a rescan to see that Big Deal was gone and replaced with the new channel name Movie Mix on channel 32. The EPG listed films from 3am eg The Borrowers then Shortcutters, short films from all over the UK. The following morning it's the 3am film From Hell to Borneo...

http://www.bidplus.tv

http://www.speedauction.tv

Bidplus is on the speedauction tv channels on Sky and Virgin Media.

Recently updated in the Discount Shopping, General UK discussion.

www.tinyurl.com/recentrtf sky.com tvcatchup.com tanktop.tv virginmedia.com
ukproxyserver.net skyuser.co.uk/forum christiansat.org.uk tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter
Freeview www.tinyurl.com/catchuptv-uk

IP Logged

ianmoticon
Guru

Fresh, Exciting AND Invigorating!

Re: Big Deal replaced by Movie Mix
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 11:28am

It seems so many channels are changing with digital TV. It's made worse by the fact that some Freeview recorders lose all their timers when you do a re-tune.

Gone are the days when a change represented big news.

The Freeview line-up can be found here

Equipment list: Dr Who's telly box, Freeview HD box with a big glowing button, TV with a screen, Blu-ray which says "See You" going into standby, glasses which make D go 3, sound all around, stuff

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 9:59am

Another problem is that the EPG listings may not have fully loaded so as to help us select the programmes. We may have a workaround such as exiting the EPG and trying it again or scroll forward or use the >> button for the next day then << to today. If we get no success, then perhaps trying the rescan or manual scans again having cleared all channels first, sometimes tuning to channel 90 for BBC News which some Freeview devices require according to the retuning guides here:

http://www.tvretune.co.uk/productmanuals

Another situation about new channels is they could take weeks before they broadcast anything.

The HD set top boxes get the ethernet access Internet streaming channels but the SD boxes with ethernet access get the basic displays but no streaming.

The introduction of 2 shopping channels on the 1 Freeview channel will help us compare prices and get the latest 1p and 1 and 10 Megadeals that these channels provide with the bid tv and price-drop tv channels on 23 and 37...

ukproxyserver.net skyuser.co.uk/forum christiansat.org.uk tinyurl.com/fetchtvstarter

IP Logged

denismartindale
Guru

I got Sky, Freesat and
Freeview! Now I'm skint!

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 10:05pm

The Radio and Telly News update is here:

LINK: radioandtelly.co.uk/news... freeview-channel-32.html

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print