Humax HD-Fox T2 High Definition Freeview Box
Information on the Humax HD Fox T2 – the first Freeview HD receiver on sale in the UK.
Freeview launched its HD service in December 2009 – There was just one problem – There were no Freeview HD boxes available at launch – that is, until the Fox T2 was released.
The HD-Fox T2 was the first Freeview HD box released in the UK. Other hardware from Humax, such as the Humax PVR9300 Freeview box and the Humax Foxsat HD Freesat receiver, have been very well received and expectations are that this first Freeview HD from Humax will become a popular model.
Retail price is £180, and it became available in February 2010.
Humax HD-Fox T2 Freeview HD Set-top Box
The Humax Fox HD-T2 is the first Freeview HD box that became available in the UK. Humax is a respected name in the digital TV field, and this first Freeview HD box supports the MPEG 4 and DVB-T2 standards that are required for Freeview HD reception.
- Subscription-free access to BBC One HD, BBC Two HD, ITV 1 HD and Channel 4 HD
- 8-day on-screen electronic programme guide (EPG)
- Dolby Digital+ Audio Output (for surround sound)
- Subtitle and Audio Description
- Auto detection of new Freeview channels and TV services
- Play media content from an external hard drive or USB memory stick (MP3, JPG, XViD)
- Contents sharing with other devices such as PC and NAS through Home Networking
- Ethernet connection for future services such as BBC iPlayer
Became available in February 2010. Here’s a summary of places selling this top Freeview HD box:
Humax HD Fox T2 Review
We aim to bring you a UK review of the Fox HD T2 as soon as we get our hands on one.
Want us to keep you updated? Join the mailing list:
Humax Fox HD-T2 Connectors
Here’s an overview of the connectors and sockets on the Humax HD T2:
- HDMI Output
- 2 x SCART sockets
- Ethernet RJ45 network in
- USB socket
- RF Aerial In
- RF aerial Out (loop – not modulated)
- Stereo audio phono out
- composite video out
- SPDIF Digital Audio out
Humax Fox HD-T2 Specifications
A collection of other spec snippets on this Humax:
- Dimensions: 280 x 200 x 45mm
- Video resolutions: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p and 576i HD formats
- Power consumption: In standby, consumes less than 1 watt
- Supplied with: HDMI lead and TV remote.
|Alternatives? You may have dismissed the Sky satellite TV option (as it’s not subscription-free), but if you want to make the most of your HD TV set, here’s why you may wish to think again:|
Full details and pricing info on Sky’s HD site
Q. How big is the hard drive? Is it a twin tuner?
- A. The HD Fox T2 does not have a hard-drive built in. It is not what’s known as a PVR. It does not have two tuners. This is a single tuner Freeview HD viewing set-top box. If you’re looking for a Freeview HD recorder, consider the Humax HDR-Fox T2, or see our Freeview HD boxes page for the non-Humax alternatives.
Got a question on Freeview HD or the Humax Fox T2? Try our Freeview HD FAQ, or ask in our Humax Forum
- More on Freeview HD? See our Freeview HD section
- Answers to common questions in our Freeview HD FAQ
- Information on Freeview HD receivers on our Freeview HD Boxes page
- Got a question about Humax set-top boxes? Ask in our Humax forum
- If your question isn’t answered, please leave a message in our Freeview forum